Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day Two - Off to a rocky start

Day two started with me being late because I could get all my sh*%t to the luggage truck.  Ugh!   I get to the luggage truck with half of my sh%*t and have a melt down.  The luggage roadie came down and game me a hug ask me what was wrong, by this time I was having a asthma attack, he got my inhaler for me, gave me a hug, helped me with my remaining crap.  He was my hero!  

Asthma sucks and I need to ask for help (not easy for me to admit I need help), but it was the kick in the butt I needed to make sure I manage myself better.   No more attacks the rest of the week and I really did learn how to manage the asthma, I'm still hoping its temporary but if not I can live with it By the end of the week I was carrying my own luggage again!





The rocky start continued but not for me.  The event was on probation by the city of Santa Cruz and with that they only let 100 cyclist out at a time which provided a big backup and cranky cyclist.





Once all of the cyclist were gone we broke down bike parking and headed to the next camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment